Tornado’s all around the US can be more common but it is something really destroyable so that you need to be extra ready especially you need to make sure your insurance is perfect, So first contact your insurance provider and ask for the below-given things.
Believe it or not, tornado season is right around the corner! So to help everyone out I’ve put together some things you can do to be better prepared for a disaster.
Know about Tornado Insurance
- Consider getting a safe deposit box to put items like passports, birth certificates, car titles, etc…
- Get your pet microchipped. If they are already microchipped make sure it’s active. There is usually a yearly fee.
- Sit down with your agent and review your auto and home insurance if you haven’t already.
- If you are a renter, consider getting renters insurance.
- Do a household inventory list. Apps are available on most phones to help with this and can keep things like pictures and serial numbers.
- Have a key person in your family or even a neighbour that you would contact in the event your home was destroyed by a tornado. Make sure your insurance agent knows how to get a hold of this person.
- Have an emergency kit.
- Keep your phone fully charged on days when tornadoes are predicted.
Know about How to select an insurance
Things to keep ready
- Battery-powered radio
- Water and non-perishable food items. If you pack can items don’t forget the can opener
- First aid kit
- Dust masks
- Moist towelettes, small garbage bags, and any other personal hygiene items you may need
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Phone charger
- Prescription medication
- Pet food
- Infant formula and diapers
If you are looking out for the best insurance provider then you should kind of check out Washington Federal Bank to Get best insurance services you want.
Check our article on types of insurance
If you have time, before you go into your shelter, change into closed-toed shoes and throw something long-sleeved on over your clothes.